Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Yeah, so the name of my last post was kinda lame...~.~" Hopefully it was at least attention-getting and got some of you to read the post...speaking of which, thanks so much for your comment, Reecie!!

I hope everyone has a great break!!
^_^

Here is my last interview before the break...it's not the best...but please enjoy.

Do you feel that there’s a cultural divide here? Do people mainly hang out with people of their own ethnicity?
No problem. I mainly hang out with people who have the same culture as me.
Why? Is it just easier?
Yes.
(They can talk about things they both know about. Language is a key factor too.)
Do you ever ask about other countries?
Sometimes
What do you do when you’re here? Do you talk or study?
Both
Do you study English?
No
Here I suppose I could have asked, why not. I think I might have, but I might not have understood his answer, or maybe I forgot, or maybe I really didn’t ask. I’m not sure so I don’t want to put anything down here.

I haven't really done much with the implicit rules of place. I don't know why I forgot to ask about them...maybe I was just distracted. But, here are some questions I thought I could ask to deal with those. Can you guys think of any more? How do you feel about these? Do you think they'll be affective in answering my questions about unspoken rules?

Would you feel comfortable talking to someone of a different ethnicity here?
If you heard something interesting being said on the other side of the room, would you join in the conversation? How comfortable would you be if it was someone you didn’t know?
How do people react to people walking through? Coming off the elevators? Going outside to smoke? Talking loudly?
How do people react when someone they don’t know sits next to them? How about when they start talking to them?

Thanks again so much for reading!! ^.^ See you all after break!!!

No comments: