Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Auto

Minna-san, Hello!
(Japanese for everyone, hello!!)

I realize now that when I said hi to you all in my very first blog post, I didn't tell you all anything about myself! So, you all are probably wondering, who is this forgetful, random person?


My name is LandRe Mistwallow.


Think of it this way: Land Retard--->shortened to LandRe. The name represents how I am clumsy and have a terrible sense of direction.

After finally taking the Collegescope survey two weeks after it was due, I found out that my results were INFJ. As the profile for this result says, I am indeed sometimes cautious with my social abilities. This is one thing I hope to work on while I'm in school this year. As also mentioned in the profile, I do have preconcieved ideas about how people should treat each other, which, a lot of the time, turn out to be too demanding. Sometimes I wish people treated each other with more acceptance and trust and less preconception of personality. But then, perhaps trust is not the wisest course of action these days. But then, maybe you should just trust your intuition, and be able to judge a situation as it changes. I also try to be empathetic and a good listener, even if I can't hear well or think fast enough sometimes. Haha. ~.~'
I thought this survey proved to be pretty close to me. But I'm not organized at all, and apparently I should be...~.~' I also like to randomly ask people to hang out, but I enjoy it when others make the plans and invite me along as well. (Survey says...I don't usually initiate social activities)

Kind of like Charlie0801, I think I learn best when I'm doing a mix of things. Depending on what it is I'm trying to learn, I need to be able to see it and do it, or to see it and speak it. I cannot listen and learn very well, though I try to listen carefully when people are talking to me. If I forget something important, please forgive me!! I seriously worry that one day I'm going to develop Alzheimer's because I have such a terrible memory. I'm more of a feeling person than a detail person.

My passion at UK: Get a job that involves writing and study and go to Japan. Going there has been my dream for years, and now I finally have the opportunity to learn more of the language and visit there.
My fear at UK: That I won't make good enough grades in my English or my Japanese class. Or that I'll get a job afterwards that I'm miserable doing and that I feel isn't fulfilling.

And the last required point: what about the Discovery Seminar experiences so far has interested you. I think the thing about our seminar that has interested me the most and that has made me ultimately glad, is that everyone in our class seems to have this wonderfully weird, accepting connection. I know that others of you have noticed this as well. Another thing I love about this class besides the friendly atmosphere, is the fact that during the Alpha/Betan activity I realized that I was learning about how I interact and about the things that I should change by interacting and jumping into unfamiliar situations. I look forward to living in a virtual community, blogging and talking to more people.

Thanks for reading this uber-long post all about me!
~LandRe

No comments: