Monday, December 8, 2008

Showcase!

I was surprised by how large our showcase group turned out to be (Raito, Reecie, Rasay, Rupert, Elle, Azriquel, Maekeo and Phoolendu). I thought that we would have three or four men squads like we did with our SL groups. But I'm glad that we have such a large group. I feel that because our group is so large, we will be able to make the showcase a lot more interesting and to show off a lot more.
We all got together and organized the powerpoint over the weekend, taking slides from our various SL group projects and adding some reflective information. This powerpoint will be running continously in the background on one computer while we guide visitors to our display through various places in SL, their possible 'virtual reincarnation' if they choose to represent themselves the same as they would out-of-world, on another. Thus, our name, which our group developed with difficulty together: Team SL; Guiding You Through Your Virtual Reincarnation. I really need to work on my SL skills before the showcase so that I can be able to show people how to walk around and use the camera controls. One of my cameras disappeared and I never could figure out how to get it back.
I guess we will just let people talk and walk around. I don't think we'll let them mess with the appearance of our avatars. I don't really know what to show people...I guess I'll just see what about SL they would be interested in. I think we are dependent on SL to get people interested in the class, and then the powerpoint is in charge of telling them what we learned. But it should be a lot of fun, and hopefully our attitudes will be contagious and represent the class well.

No comments: